- The number of television shows produced each year has been constantly increasing. In the year 2017, more than 480 original programs were broadcasted in the United States, which is a significant increase from the year 2012, when there were 288 original shows broadcasted on television.
henlfern/Pixabay. Iconic TV series Star Trek is known to break barriers.
- The iconic TV series Star Trek is known to break many boundaries. The show was the first to telecast an interracial kiss on television in the year 1968, during the epidoe Plato’s Stepchildren.
- A highly significant American sitcom, Seinfeld ran for 9 years, from 1989 to 1998, and had a huge impact on American culture. The show is still making money for its creators and cast.
Rollstein/Pixabay. Simpsons is the longest running TV series in history.
- SImposons is the longest running scripted TV series in history. The show has broadcasted 720 episodes as of March 13,2022. The show began airing in the year 1989, and is still running.
- The creator of Seinfeld, Jerry Seinfeld, was offered $5million per episode to come up with the tenth season of the show. But he preferred going out on a high note and refused to create another season of the popular show.
- Some of the most expensive TV series to be created ever are Band of Brothers, Game of Thrones and The Pacific. Each episode of The Pacific cost $20 million in production.
- The first married couple to be shown in bed together are the cartoon characters Fred and Wilma Flintstone, from the cartoon The Flintstones. The episode showing the couple in bed was aired during the 60s.
- Saturday Night Live, a live comedy and political satire show of the NBC channel, has the most Emmy awards than any other show.
- Television and streaming platforms have increased the time people spend on watching shows and dramas. Binge watching is a particular phenomenon unique to the streaming platforms, where people watch entire series in one sitting, as compared to television, where a week is spent waiting for the next episode to air.
- In 1952, a pregnant lady shown in the show I love Lucy, made headlines. The pregnant character of Lucille Ball was a step ahead, since the producers of the time shed away from showing anything related to pregnancy or sec on national television.
Alexas_Fotos/Pixabay. Sesame Street has been on-air for more than sixty years.
- The popular kids TV show, Sesame Street, is famous for being on-air for more than sixty years, teaching kids rhymes, numbers, alphabets and lessons on conduct and kindness. The show debuted in 1969, and is still going strong.